Tuesday, July 22, 2008

This is Huge.


I HAVE A LINE!!!!

I don't know how or why it happened, but for the month of August at least, I am a lineholder.

I know where I am going and when I will be there. Scheduling cannot call me whenever they want, and (with the cooperation of Air Traffic Control and the weather, of course) I have control over my life!

I've been riding around Rahway for the last hour trying to think of an extreme, amusing, yet appropriate metaphor, but I'm at a complete loss.

Making the jump from reserve flight attendant to lineholder is the extreme metaphor one would use to amsuingly describe some colossal life transformation.

Or at least one could use, if one understood the full illustrative value of such a scenario.

Right now that's my only problem. While I'm still in blissful shock over my good fortune (and still trying to decode the cryptic mess pictured above), I just don't feel that family and friends are fully grasping my joy.

Although I believe they are truly happy for me, civlilans can't entirely empathize, and I don't want to be too euphoric around my flight attendant friends because they are still on reserve.

While my mother congratulated me, the overarching gist of her comments were, "How does this effect the trip we were planning."

So, tonight I'll just send out happy vibes over the internet and go to sleep dreaming of trip trades.

Of course I better get to that dreaming part pretty soon. As for tonight, scheduling still owns me....and they've got me early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment